The latest News from Sourcingbot on parametric search, passive components and real life lab measurements.
- May 2020:
• Major expansion for the alternative product comparisons. Search results can now be sorted by new segments like exact match, smaller or exact footprint, smaller height, smaller RDC and larger IRAT
• At the same time, we also improved the loading time for alternative parts drastically, the information shows up now together with the rest of the product page.
• To enable easier and more precises searching within the parametric search tables, we switched most numerical ranges from linear to logarithmic scales.
- April 2020:
• We added manufacturer overview pages. For each manufacturer we show now product categories and the number of products. A click on the column heads brings you to the parametric search tables - preset for the given manufacturer. The links within the product categories bring you to the product overviews and at the end to the single product pages. Take a look for the example - AVX:
• For Capacitors, we improved the operating point chart comparisons. Now you can easily company any measured product not only by parameter, but also on operating points via measured charts. Take a look on this example. A Murara 1pF MLCC capacitor comparison vs. equivalent parts from Knowles, TDK, Wuerth and Yageo. No lab and no manual testing required. Just click on the compare button at the bottom.
Murata GR442QR73D102KW01L vs. TDK C4520X7R3D102K130KA
• The magazine Elektronik Praxis published an article from Sourcingbot:
- March 2020:
• We added 2400 measured products and charts from AVX and 4100 products from Yageo to our capacitor database.
• We updated the similar product/replacement function for passive components. User can now prioritize filters like dimensions, currents, feature and more for better sorting.
for example: https://sourcingbot.com/Passive%20Components/Capacitors/Ceramic%20Capacitors/kemet/C0201C101K4GACTU
• Also for the similar product/ replacement function, we debugged the manufacturer filter function. In a next step, we will integrate a multi-manufacturer selection option which makes it easier for Distributors and/or Sales teams to filter for their linecards.
• Launched a major update for the Connector category. Most product families are re-organized and better structured for an easier search and find process. Take a look: https://sourcingbot.com/Connectors
• We launched a major look, style and speed overhaul of our homepage. pages we loads of information are now easier to read, loading faster and many filters are updated.
- February 2020:
We implemented a major update for the webpage, with several improvements, new modules, partner and bug-fixes.
• Launched the new similar product search module (replacement search) for several passive component categories:
• Frequency Controlled Timing devices.
Filters for the similar product search are now tighter for better matches and cover the electrical as well as the mechanical function. Matching results can be filtered by manufacturer. If too few product matches show up, we added a button/function to run a new - less strict search function for custom search.
Example: For a standard capacitor we find 50+ matches from 4 alternative manufactures with same electrical +mechanical matching, in different grades: /Passive%20Components/Capacitors/Ceramic%20Capacitors/murata/GA242QR7E2471MW01L
• For the similar search function, we overhauled the matching accuracy calculation. Values are now more precise and similar/replacement products are sorted, starting with highest percent matching (100%) to lower.
• For the parametric search in categories Inductors and Capacitors we updated the filter functions, removed bugs and improved the overall usability.
• We are glad to announce our new partner eFind.ru. We added efind pricing and stocking information to all applicable products to make it easier and more convenient for our Russian user and clients.
• For our search bar we implemented "in context search". In addition to standard part number/product search, you can now also search by categories, features, product keywords, units and so on.
• A new overview page of our Services is available, please take a look: Services
- January 2020:
Meet Sourcingbot at the Embedded World Show in Nuremberg, Germany. We are available for meetings, questions and discussions on Tuesday + Wednesday 25.-26.2.2020.Please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org for details and bookings.
- December 2019:
Published a new article about Panasonic capacitors and the measured data analysis.
- November 2019:
The new web-banner advertisement modul ist live. We accept now banners in standard dimensions. For a full overview on positions, rates and more please visit our advertisement overview
Our Feedback function is updated and live. Please send us a message on your opinion, feedback, bugs or new ideas/functions.
The next parametric search modules go live for several product categories within passive components. Active now for the following categories:
The remaining categories will feature those modules as well, will be added step by step within the next few months.
- October 2019:
Our new Sourcingbot homepage goes live. More content, more functions and more to come.
- September 2019:
The first parametric search goes live for over 100k inductors and 1M+ capacitors. Please take a look, test and use. Feedback is appreciated.
With the acquisition and following partnering with it’s founder Alexander Friebe we are strengthening our parametric search capabilities within the Power Management domain and Semiconductors. Mr. Friebe is joining our team and he will accompany the integration process as well as driving the parametric search engine.
- August 2019:
We updated all charts with matching test conditions and descriptions. Also several bugs within some charts/categories are fixed. X- and Y- axes scale now much better. Example:
- July 2019:
We added for all inductors 4 charts, showing the most typical ratios like L vs F, Z vs. F, T vs. I and L vs. I Example:
- June 2019:
Finish the first version of our matching function, showing the up to 50 most similar products. Further filtering and better matching is possible. More precise matching and filter functions will be added.
- May 2019:
We launched the capacitor simulation and component matching
- March 2019:
We launched the new Memory ICs part comparison
- February 2019:
We launched our first website version 1.0
- November 2018:
Sourcingbot launched in Electronica 2018 - part of elektor startup program